Can we re-open?
We have been open for some time providing activities to small, self-contained groups of people. In line with government guidelines regarding businesses re-opening from July 4th, we feel that we can safely re-introduce our activities with some larger groups as a ‘COVID-Secure’ business.
We will be closely adhering to social distancing guidelines throughout the delivery of our activities, and ask you, our customers, to do the same. We have carried out the following risk assessments, and detailed information will be sent to all people who book with us, detailing our procedures and requirements for our guests. If you have any questions, please contact us for more information.
Reopening our business safely during coronavirus (COVID‑19)
This risk assessment has been carried out to make sure we keep our team, customers, and other members of the public safe when operating during the coronavirus (COVID‑19) pandemic.
Who should be on site?
- We aim to minimise the number of staff working on site; however, we cannot compromise adequate staffing to keep our customers safe during their activity.
- We have made sure our team can spot symptoms
- We will tell workers with symptoms to quarantine immediately
- We have provided staff training so our team no how to work and follow these measures.
How to ensure social distancing on site
Where possible, we will:
- Stay 2 meters apart from other team members, customers, and other members of the public.
- We will remind people to socially distance.
- Keep the number of people on site to a minimum.
- We will wash our hands and clothes after helping someone in an emergency.
- Our team will wear face coverings safely, when it is appropriate to do so.
Where we cannot stay 2 meters apart, we will:
- We will wash hands and clean surfaces regularly.
- We will work side by side or back-to-back, rather than face-to-face, where possible.
- Wear face coverings where possible.
When we are in the car park, before and after our activity
- Wash our hands before and after distributing and collecting equipment.
- Not be able to store customer’s personal possessions in our vehicle.
- Make sure it’s safe to queue and not in the way of traffic.
Cleaning and Handwashing
If someone has symptoms we will follow the specific instructions for cleaning after a case of COVID‑19.
To minimise the risk of the virus spreading:
- We will clean work areas, surfaces and equipment frequently between use with our usual cleaning products
- Remind our team and customers to regularly wash their hands, especially when they handle equipment.
- Provide hand sanitiser for our team. Our customers will be instructed to bring their own.
Handling, equipment, merchandise and vehicles
There may be a risk of the virus coming into the workplace through goods, merchandise or vehicles. To avoid this, we will:
- Make sure workers handling equipment know to wash their hands more often.
- Provide more handwashing facilities and hand sanitiser.
- We have provided training to our team for safe and effective cleaning of equipment after use.
- Regularly clean any vehicles that we use.
- Clean things like reusable delivery boxes regularly.
Protecting our customers
To protect our customers:
- We will email customers in advance of them meeting us, to explain what measures we are taking to limit the spread of the virus, and what they should do to help.
- We will give people written information detailing our policy for social distancing in advance of their arrival to their session.
- We will explain social distancing when visitors arrive.
- We will limit the number of visitors or customers at any one time so people can social distance i.e. we will insist on social distancing when giving out group equipment.
- We will keep a record of visitors.